This salad is vibrant, full of flavor and incredibly nutritious. It consists of baby spinach, arugula, buckwheat, brazil nuts, raisins, crispy garlic and a poached egg. I usually drizzle this with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. It’s one of my favorite weekend lunch salads.
SPINACH, ARUGULA, KABOCHA & BUCKWHEAT SALAD
- 72 g (2.5 oz) mix of baby spinach and arugula
- 150 g (5.25 oz) cubed kabocha squash, cooked
- 50 g (1.75 oz) cooked buckwheat
- 25 g (1 oz) brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 heaped tablespoon raisins
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- poached egg
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
1. Arrange the spinach and arugula on a plate, scatter over the kabocha squash, buckwheat, brazil nuts, raisins and set aside.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a small frying pan until hot. Add the garlic and fry until light brown and crisp. Scatter the garlic over the salad.
3. Top with poached egg, drizzle with olive oil, and season to taste. Enjoy!