This is a simple, yet delicious dairy-free vanilla ice cream. It’s made with a coconut cream custard base, and sweetened with honey. Try it on its own, or on top of a sweet potato brownie.
VANILLA COCONUT ICE CREAM (dairy- and refined sugar-free)
- 720 ml (3 cups) coconut cream
- 100 g (4-1/2 tablespoons) raw honey
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2-3 pinches vanilla bean powder
1. Place all the ingredients into a medium saucepan and whisk until combined.
2. Gently heat the mixture over low-medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
3. Transfer thickened custard into a measuring jug, and let cool. Once cool, chill overnight.
4. Churn the mixture in an ice cream maker, following the manufacturer’s directions.
5. Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container with a lid, and freeze.
6. To serve, remove the ice cream from the freezer 10 minutes before scooping and enjoying.