I had so much fun making these noodles! They are gluten-free, low-carb, and packed full of goodness. These ribbon noodles are a nice change from the spaghetti-like version. They hold up better when cooking, and yet, you still get the satisfaction of twirling it onto your fork.
ZUCCHINI NOODLES WITH SMOKED SALMON, BROCCOLI & PEAS
- 300 g (10.5 oz, around three small) courgettes (zucchini), “spiralized” into ribbons
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, peeled, diced
- 1 handful frozen peas
- 115 g (4 oz) broccoli florets, steamed for 5-6 minutes, cooled
- sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 125 g (4.4 oz) hot smoked salmon, skinned, and broken into bite-sized chunks
1. Heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a medium-sized, non-stick frying pan over medium heat until hot. Add garlic and fry until aromatic and lightly browned. Transfer to a bowl, and set aside.
2. Heat the remaining coconut oil in the same pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add onions and stir until aromatic and translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Add peas, stir for 1-2 minutes. Stir in noodles and cook for about 1 minute (be careful not to overcook them, or you will end up with a watery mess).
4. Add the broccoli and season with salt, and black pepper. Lastly, toss in the salmon. Plate and enjoy!