This frozen treat does not require an ice cream maker. It’s simply frozen pineapple and banana blended with coconut cream. The result is a tropical sorbet-esque treat. It’s quick and easy, and tastes pretty good. Be sure to use a ripe pineapple and banana for maximum flavor.
PINEAPPLE, COCONUT & BANANA ICE CREAM (vegan, dairy-, refined sugar free)
makes 1-2 servings
- 190 g (2 cups) pineapple chunks, frozen
- 1 ripe, medium-sized banana, peeled, frozen
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) coconut cream
1. Place all the ingredients together in a high-speed blender or a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze*. Before scooping, let thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
* for a soft-serve style dessert, serve immediately after blending.