There’s something about spiced pumpkin foods that makes me feel so warm. Many people love pumpkin based foods, but for some reason, most of us only make these things during Autumn/Fall. Why is that? There is tinned pumpkin puree in the stores all year around.
I had leftover pumpkin puree, and instead of freezing it and forgetting about it, I decided to mix it with whipped coconut cream and spice it with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. The result? A delicious, creamy, light, pumpkin-ny dream.
SPICED PUMPKIN COCONUT CREAM MOUSSE (vegan, refined sugar-, dairy-free)
makes 1 serving
- 125 g (1/2 cup) pumpkin puree
- 30 g (1 1/2 tablespoons) softened raw honey, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 1 tiny pinch ground cloves
- 1 tiny pinch sea salt
- 110 g (1/2 cup) whipped coconut cream
1. With an electric beater, beat the pumpkin puree, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt until well combined.
2. Gently fold in the whipped coconut cream until evenly combined.
3. Chill for 1 hour, and enjoy.