So, we had some leftover sour cream again (a common occurrence in my house), and didn’t know what to do with it. I found a wonderful muffin recipe, to which I threw in some of the beautiful frozen blueberries A’s mum gave to us.
The result: a deliciously moist muffin bursting with blueberry goodness. They are simple, easy to make and freeze well.
MOIST SOUR CREAM BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
adapted from allrecipes: blueberry cream muffins
- 2 large eggs
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 g (1 cup) sour cream
- 200 g (1 cup) raw cane (turbinado) sugar
- 300 g (2 cups) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 185 g (1 ½ cups) frozen*/fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 200 C/400 F. Grease or line one 12 hole muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients until well combined
3. In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients until evenly combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined, do not over mix. Fold in the blueberries.
5. Divide batter into the baking tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a cocktail stick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
6. Transfer to a wire rack to cool before enjoying.
* if using frozen blueberries, do not thaw, use in frozen state.