Coconut butter, coconut concentrate and creamed coconut are all the same thing, that is, it is made from ground up coconut flesh. Some will be expensive to buy, but others can be inexpensive; some are packaged in jars, tubs and even cardboard boxes. The stuff I buy is “Let’s Do… Organic, Creamed Coconut” and comes in boxes of ~225 g (1/2 lb, almost 1 cup) for $2-3 ($1.89 during the holidays).
One of the great things about this recipe is that you can eat as a pudding (similar to a rich and dense version of Angel Delight, for the Brits out there) before it sets.
Both the fudge and pudding versions are extremely rich, satisfying and incredibly chocolaty. I chose to add walnuts to the fudge, and they were gone before we knew it!
COCONUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE FUDGE / PUDDING (dairy-, refined sugar-free)
makes 4 servings
- 50 – 85 g (2 1/2 – 4 tablespoons) raw honey, softened
- 25 g (4 teaspoons) softened creamed coconut/coconut butter
- 15 g (1 tablespoon) melted coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 50 g (1/2 cup) unsweetened raw cocoa powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
1. In a medium sized bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well combined and smooth.
2. For pudding, enjoy as is, or for fudge, pour into a pan/container and chill. Once set, cut into pieces and enjoy. Store any leftovers in fridge.