Chicken on my blog? Yes, I know, it’s been a while. To be honest, this isn’t actually my recipe, but A’s. We made it the other day, and I remember (back in the day when I ate gluten, dairy and meat) it was yummy, so I thought I’d share it with you. It’s so simple, it’s ridiculous. There’s no slaving over a hob/stove for hours, simply cook off some sausagemeat/ground sausage, then layer it with lasagna sheets/noodles, pasta sauce from a jar and sprinkle/dollop cheese in the appropriate places. Bake, slice and enjoy. Simple. Easy. Yummy.
EASY CHICKEN LASAGNA WITH RICOTTA AND MOZZARELLA
makes one 20 x 25 cm (8 x 10 inch) lasagna
- 454 g (1 lb) mild Italian chicken sausagemeat*/ground chicken sausage, cooked and divided into three portions
- 12 lasagna sheets
- 1 (680 g, 24 oz) jar Bolognese Sauce, divided into five portions
- 454 g (1 lb) full-fat ricotta cheese, divided into three portions
- 225 g (1/2 lb) full-fat shredded mozzarella, divided into four portions
- 70 g (2.5 oz) baby spinach, divided into three portions
* If you cannot find Italian chicken sausagemeat, use your favorite chicken sausagemeat by taking chicken sausages and removing the skins/casings.
1. Preheat oven to 190 C/375 F.
2. Spoon a portion of sauce into the bottom of a 20×25 cm (8×10 inch) lasagna dish. Layer three lasagna sheets on top.
3. Spoon a portion of sauce onto the lasagna sheets. Crumble over a portion of sausage, a portion of spinach and a portion of mozzarella. Dot the surface with a portion of ricotta. Top with three lasagna sheets. Repeat two more times, finishing with lasagna sheets.
4. Spoon remaining sauce on top, and sprinkle over the remaining mozzarella.
5. Bake lasagna in the middle of the oven for 35-40 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.