I cannot believe that these brownies are gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free and flour-free! If it’s a squidgy brownie you’re looking for, I’m sorry, this isn’t the recipe you’re looking for. But if you’re looking for a moist- and cakey-type brownie, this is it. Ok, being realistic, it’s more like a dense and moist chocolate cake, but it’s soooooo good.
It’s made mainly with coconut butter, eggs, honey and unsweetened cocoa powder. I ate piece after piece… barely stopping for air, and I didn’t feel sick or sleepy afterwards. It’s a miracle!
Without further ado, here’s the recipe…
PALEO CHOCOLATE BROWNIE WITH BLUEBERRIES (gluten-, dairy-, refined sugar-free)
makes 1 – 20 cm/8 inch square
- 240 g (1 c) creamed coconut block, or coconut butter, softened in the microwave
- 3 large eggs
- 170 g (1/2 c) raw, unfiltered, organic honey
- 25 g (1/4 c) raw cacao/unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon finely ground coffee (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda/baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 140 g (1 c) frozen wild blueberries, do not thaw
1. Preheat oven to 160 C/325 F. Line one 20 cm/8 inch square baking tin with parchment paper.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, and electric beaters, beat together the creamed coconut, eggs, honey, cinnamon, coffee, if using, vanilla powder, bicarbonate of soda/baking soda and sea salt until well combined. Fold in blueberries.
3. Pour into prepared baking tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a cocktail stick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the brownie.
4. Let cool before slicing and enjoying!