When these beauties are eaten at just the right temperate, they taste like buttercream candies. On biting into one, you will be greeted with a wonderful cracking sensation from breaking the homemade dark chocolate exterior with your teeth. Inside you will find a sweet and dreamy banana-ry filling.
The trick is to freeze any super-ripe bananas, in slices, individually, as soon as they are ready. That way, you will always have a good supply of frozen bananas to make these simple, yet delectable treats. The pay-off for making these treats is ridiculous. They are so simple to make, but they will leave you with a flavor, texture and taste sensation that will be hard to forget.
Make. Some. Today.
FROZEN CHOCOLATE COATED BANANA TREATS (gluten-, dairy-, refined sugar-free)
makes enough for 1, if you’re greedy like me
- 12 g (1 tablespoon) raw cacao/unsweetened cocoa powder
- 25 g (slightly less than 1 oz) cocoa butter or coconut oil, melted
- 15 g (3/4 tablespoon) raw, unfiltered, organic honey
- 1 tiny pinch vanilla powder
- 1 tiny pinch sea salt
- 125 g (4.4 oz, about 1 small-medium) frozen sliced ripe banana
1. Place a piece of greaseproof/waxed paper onto a plate. Set aside.
2. Mix together the cacao/cocoa, cocoa butter, honey, vanilla powder and sea salt until well combined.
3. Using a fork, dip one banana slice into the chocolate mixture, tap off the excess chocolate and place onto the prepared plate. The chocolate should set up from the coldness of the bananas. Repeat until all of the chocolate/bananas have been used up.
4. Enjoy immediately, or store in a container in the freezer. If freezing, allow the treats to thaw for about 5-7 minutes before devouring.