This dish was definitely not low on the citrusy note, in fact, it was probably overboard, but that’s what happens when you let someone in the kitchen who loves lemon zest. The amount of zest that has been written up in this recipe has been reduced by half, so don’t worry.
The light lemon juice and olive oil dressing coats the plump prawns and gluten-free brown rice pasta perfectly. It’s super-quick to make, I’ll say it took me about 10 minutes to make this dish, because I dumped the prawns in the same water as the pasta was cooking in. Next time, I might add a few peas into the mix. This dish makes an awesome weeknight meal when served with some veggies.
LEMON PRAWN PASTA (gluten-free)
- 75 g (2.6 oz) gluten-free brown rice pasta, cooked as per packet’s instructions, drained
- 100 g (3.5 oz) deveined and shelled prawns, cooked with the pasta in the last minute of cooking, drained
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- finely grated zest of 1/4-1/2 small lemon, or to taste
- roasted garlic flakes, to taste
- chili flakes, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. To make the dressing, mix the lemon juice and olive oil together until the dressing emulsifies. Add the zest, garlic flakes, chili flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Toss prawns and pasta with your desired amount of dressing, check for seasoning and adjust as necessary. Dish up and enjoy!