This is the most awesome gluten-free pumpkin bread I’ve ever made… not that I’ve made many. It’s so soft, so tender, so moist, so damn moreish! They are easy to make and make perfect gifts. These cute little loaves are gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, gum-free and even pysllium-free. What they are not free of is flavor, moistness and spice.
We had leftover pumpkin puree from the pumpkin cheesecake and the vegan pumpkin cheesecake escapades this holiday. I was in the process of “freezing with the intention of using later”, but I know this usually means that I won’t dig it out for a year. So, for once, I thought what the heck, I’ll use it now and created this recipe.
I ate four of these babies in one day – oops.
MINI PUMPKIN BREAD (gluten-, dairy-, refined sugar-, gum-free)
makes 6 – 10 x 5.75 cm (4 x 2.25 inch) mini loaves
- 215 g (3/4 c and 2 tablespoons) pureed pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 120 ml (1/2 c) olive oil
- 200 g (1/2 c and 1.5 tablespoons) honey
- 250 g (1 2/3 c) gluten-free, psyllium-free flour blend*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (sugar-free)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* make this by mixing 1 part in weight of brown rice flour, 1 part in weight of millet flour, 1.5 part in weight glutinous/sweet rice flour and 1.5 part in weight of potato starch.
1. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F). Line six 10 x 5.75 cm (4 x 2.25 inch) mini loaf pans.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix everything together until well combined.
3. Divide batter between the six pans. Place onto a large baking tray/sheet and bake in the middle of the oven for 20-23 minutes, or until a cocktail stick inserted into the center comes out clean.
4. Let cool fully before slicing and enjoying!