Finally, a pancake that I love! They are free of gluten, refined sugar, dairy and gums! They are soft, nutty, sweet, incredibly moreish and perfect with lashings of maple syrup. They aren’t as fluffy as other pancakes, but I don’t care about that, because to me, they are perfect!
CASHEW FLOUR PANCAKES (gluten-, dairy-, gum-free)
makes 8-10 – 7.5 cm (3 inch) pancakes
- 125 g (1 c) cashew nut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 100 ml (1/3 c and 1-1/2 tablespoons) almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- coconut oil for frying
1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cashew nut flour, salt, sugar, vanilla extract, almond milk and egg. Let sit for 5 minutes, and then mix in the baking powder.
2. Heat 1-2 teaspoons coconut oil in a large frying pan/skillet over medium heat until hot.
3. Scoop 1 tablespoon of batter into the pan for each pancake*. Try not to overcrowd the pan as this will make flipping difficult. Cook until golden brown on one side before carefully flipping each pancake and cooking on the other side. Transfer to a serving plate and repeat until all of the batter has been used up.
4. Serve with your favorite syrup or anything else you fancy. Enjoy!
* Note: Making the pancakes larger will make flipping them a nightmare.