I have to admit to call these crepes is a little odd to me. They are actually really thin egg omelettes that are light and pretty darn good!
I guess they are just a mode of transportation of naughty things into my mouth. I filled my crepes with three different fillings: (i) jam, (ii) cheese, (iii) pears and melted chocolate. I varied the way of eating my crepes by folding into half, quarters and rolling them. It’s so much fun!
The best thing is that a little of the “batter” goes a long way!
EGG CREPES (GLUTEN- AND DAIRY-FREE)
makes 6 – 15 cm (30 cm) crepes
adapted from simply gluten free: gluten free egg crepes
- 2 large chicken eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons of water
- 1 tiny pinch of salt
- coconut oil, or other cooking oil
1. Mix the egg, water and salt together until well mixed and uniform consistency. Push through a sieve.
2. Heat a small frying pan over medium heat until hot, wipe the pan with coconut oil to create a thin coating.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of batter to the pan and rotate the pan to distribute the batter.
4. Cook until the edges come away from the pan slightly and the bottom is browned.
5. Carefully flip and cook for 1 more minute, then slide onto a plate. Continue until all batter is used up.
6. Enjoy with fillings of your choice!