I know, I know, this smoothie looks really unassuming, but try it, and you will be highly surprised.
This is probably one of the best smoothies I’ve ever wrapped my lips around. I have to thank Hang for this recipe. Ok, it has been played around a little, but the initial idea came from her. I wasn’t overly enthusiastic when she was ranting and raving how delicious this smoothie is until I tried it. It’s now my go-to smoothie. It’s fruity, incredibly strawberry-ish, with just the right amount of sweetness. The banana is barely noticeable, but the orange undertones are present.
STRAWBERRY, ORANGE AND BANANA SMOOTHIE
Serves 2-4, makes about 900 ml (3 ¾ c)
- 320 ml (1 1/3 c) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 250 g frozen strawberries (other frozen berries also works well)
- 150 ml (2/3 c) milk*
- 2-3 tablespoons condensed milk*, or to taste
- 1 ripe banana
* to veganize the recipe, add milk alternative and agave/brown rice syrup/other liquid sweetener/sugar to taste.
1. Place all the ingredients into a liquidizer, and blend until smooth. Enjoy!