This is a simple, tasty and highly nutritious salad. I’ve been trying to fit in 1-2 portions of avocados into our diet per week, along with two portions of fish, which are high in omega fatty acids. This salad fits the bill.
The chewy nibbles of wheat berries go perfectly well with the creamy avocado, smoked salmon, crunchy green pepper and ripe tomatoes. It’s perfect for summer barbecues or picnics.
SMOKED SALMON AND AVOCADO WHEAT BERRY SALAD
- 150 g (5.25 oz, 1/3 lb) hot smoked salmon, skinned and flaked
- 150 g (5.25 oz) wheat berries, cooked as per packet’s instructions
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 spring (green) onions, finely sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- dried garlic flakes, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, toss together the salmon, wheat berries, tomatoes, green peppers and spring (green) onions.
2. Season with garlic flakes, salt and pepper, then gently toss in avocados. Serve and enjoy!