These babies are gluten-free, vegan-friendly and super-delicious! Frozen bananas are enrobed in a high-quality dark chocolate and then rolled in roasted hazelnuts.
When you bite into these frozen treats, there’s a wonderful crack from the chocolate, which reveals the sweet, semi-frozen flesh of the banana. It’s a beautiful combination of flavors and textures, one that needs to be celebrated!
If that doesn’t convince you to make these babies, then you might like to know, that they’re actually good for you! They’re packed full of potassium, fiber, monounsaturated fats, phytochemicals and antioxidants.
You can make a big batch and freeze them in a container until needed. Simply enjoy them as you would with an ice-lolly (popsicle).
DARK CHOCOLATE & BANANA ICE-LOLLIES
- 3 ½ medium-size ripe bananas, peeled, top and tailed and cut in half
- 150 g (5.25 oz) dark (semi-sweet) chocolate
- 100 g roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped*
- 7 x lollipop (popsicle) sticks
* You can use any other nuts you prefer
1. Push a lollipop (popsicle) stick half way into a piece of banana. Repeat.
2. Arrange the bananas onto a tray, leaving spaces between them. Freeze for 24 hours.
3. Melt the chocolate gently in a double boiler. Turn the heat down to low and keep the double boiler going whilst you move onto step 4.
4. Using a spoon, spoon the chocolate over one frozen banana, shake to remove the excess chocolate, and immediately roll into the chopped nuts. The chocolate will set pretty fast, so work quickly.
5. Place onto a piece of greaseproof (waxed) paper and repeat. Once they’re all set, you can freeze them or enjoy them immediately.