This is probably one of the easiest recipes that produce the most wonderful peanut butter cookies, that you’ll ever encounter. They’re also gluten-free and simply full of peanut-ty goodness.
FLOURLESS PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES (gluten-free)
adapted from Joy the Baker – Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 100 g (½ c) turbinado sugar*
- 120 g (½ c) brown sugar*
- 280 g (1 c) unsalted smooth or chunky peanut butter^, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tiny pinch sea salt
- 1 t baking soda
- milk chocolate chips (optional)
* if you don’t have turbinado/brown sugar at hand, you can use granulated white.
^ try and use peanut butter that only contains peanuts – the cookies will hold up better.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Line 1-2 baking trays with parchment paper.
2. In a stand mixer, blend together the peanut butter, sugars and salt until well incorporated. Add the baking soda and mix until combined.
3. Divide the mix into 24 balls and place onto the prepared baking trays. Flatten each ball with the prongs of a fork, then bake for 10-13 minutes, or until lightly golden.
4. If using chocolate chips, press three into each cookie immediately after they come out of the oven. Allow the cookies to cool on the tray for 2-3 minutes, then free to devour them at your leisure. Enjoy!