Something wonderful happens when you add roasted red peppers to a plain hummus recipe. It’s slightly sweeter and has a different dimension to it altogether – truly delectable. Although I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen a roasted red pepper hummus in the Mediterranean.
It goes well in sandwiches as a spread, as a dip with pita chips, crudités or anything you fancy.
ROASTED RED PEPPER HUMMUUS
- 1 x 425 g (15 oz) can chick peas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1-3 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 100 g (3.5 oz) or 1 whole roasted red pepper from a jar or tin
- 45 g (3 T) tahini
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 T olive oil
- Hot smoked paprika, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chili flakes, to taste (optional)
1. Place everything into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
2. Place into a container and store in the refrigerator or freezer, until needed. To thaw, simply place in the refrigerator overnight.