I’ve always been a little dubious about odd sounding salads. That was until I tried this one.
All of the ingredients alone are truly delicious, but when put together, you get an amazing burst of flavor and textures that’s indescribable.
AVOCADO, ORANGE & ALMOND SALAD
Adapted from “Mediterranean: A Taste of the Sun” by Joanna Farrow
- 2 small/medium oranges, peeled and sliced into thick rounds
- 2 ripe small avocados, peeled, stoned and diced
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 4 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled, sliced into rings
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 25 g (1 oz) flaked almonds, dry roasted
- 10-12 black olives to garnish
1. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the avocados and tomato in half of the dressing and set aside.
2. Arrange slices of oranges on a plate, then scatter over the onion rings.
3. Drizzle the rest of the dressing onto the oranges and onions.
4. Place the avocado and tomato mix in the center.
5. Garnish with the flaked almonds and black olives, serve immediately. Enjoy!