This recipe comes from one of J’s cookery books. He cooked these noodles for me way before we were living together. And yes, he CAN cook!
It’s a wonderfully simple dish that can be prepared in less than 10 minutes.The soft egg noodles are tossed in an aromatic dressing made with peanut butter, sesame seeds and fresh coriander (cilantro). It’s delicious hot as an accompaniment or cold as a salad.
SESAME HOT NOODLES
Adapted from “Ultimate Recipes – Chinese”, by Paragon Publishers
- 500 g (17 ½ oz) medium egg noodles, cooked as packet instructions
- 3 T peanut oil
- 2 T sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 T smooth unsalted peanut butter
- 1 small chilli, de-stalked, de-seeded and finely chopped (or dried chili flakes)
- 3 T toasted sesame seeds
- 4 T light soy sauce
- 1 T lime juice
- 4 T roughly chopped coriander leaves (cilantro)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a small bowl, mix together the oils, garlic, peanut butter, chili, sesame seeds, soy sauce, lime juice, coriander leaves (cilantro) and salt and pepper until well incorporated.
2. Toss the hot noodles with the dressing and serve either hot or cold. Enjoy!