Here’s the second installment of chocolate chip and macadamia nut cookies, based on the Ghirardelli white chocolate chip packet. The recipe has been adapted to accommodate a certain chocolate craving. These cookies are so packed full of fat and sugar, they were bound to taste good!
TIP: Divide the dough into portions and arrange them so they are not touching on a tray. Freeze until solid, then place into a container/plastic bag until needed. When ready to bake, simply place onto a cold baking tray (cookie sheet/pan) and place into the preheated oven for 2-3 minutes longer than when not frozen.
CHOCODAMIA COOKIES II
Makes about 26
Adapted from Ghirardelli white chocolate chip packet
- 225 g (1 c) salted European butter
- 50 g (¼ c) raw cane (turbinado) sugar
- 220 g (1 c) dark muscuvado (brown) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225 g (1 ½ c) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 small pinch salt
- 340 g (2 c) chocolate chips
- 125 g (1 c) macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F). Line 2-3 baking trays (pans) with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flours and bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) and set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugars until just combined (do not overmix). Beat in the eggs and vanilla until light and creamy.
4. Mix in the flour, chocolate chips and macadamia nuts until evenly mixed.
5. Divide the mix into 26 even sized balls, and place onto prepared baking trays (pans), leaving enough room for the cookies to spread (about 5 cm/2 inches in between). You can freeze the cookie portions here, by placing the tray (pan) into the freezer. Once they are frozen, take the cookie dough and place into a bag/container until needed.
6. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on a baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. If baking from frozen, allow up to 17-20 minutes cooking time.