TANDOORI CHICKEN SKEWERS
- 225 g (½ lb) chicken, cut into thin long strips
- 2 T tandoori masala powder
- 1 T lemon juice
- 2 T natural plain yoghurt
- 1 t fresh ginger root
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ -1 t chili powder (optional)
- 1 T coriander leaves (cilantro), roughly chopped for garnish (optional)
- 6-8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
1. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the tandoori masala, lemon juice, yoghurt, ginger, garlic and chili (if using). Marinate the chicken for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator or overnight.
2. Skewer the chicken and grill (broil)* on high for 2-3 minute on each side, or until done. Scatter with coriander leaves (cilantro) if using, enjoy!
* You can also grill them on a barbecue.